Sunday, August 03, 2008

It Happened! It Finally Happened!

It's been said that your subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between sarcasm and truth -- in other words, your unconscious mind can't take a joke.

And today I see proof of that.

For about a year or so, I've been making a joke about something, and today it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Let me set the stage for you:

As you probably already know, my name is Amy Grant. Since there is a famous singer by the same name, I use my maiden name as part of my "official" name, i.e., Amy Scott Grant.

AND as you can imagine, since I do have a famous name, people often make comments to me. Such as, "as in 'the' Amy Grant?" and "do you sing" or "like the singer?" or "isn't there a singer with that name?"

And I've always joked to friends and colleagues that I can't wait for the day when my own fame and reputation actually precede that of the singer's.

And today it ACTUALLY happened!

Today I was at a place where I was being introduced to a number of new people. And as I met this particular man for the first time, I stuck out my hand and said, "I'm Amy Grant, nice to meet you."

Then HE said:

"Amy Grant? Isn't there a...."

And thinking I knew what he was going to say, I attempted to finish his sentence for him:

"Yes, there's a singer by the same name."

And then HE said:

"Yes, but I was going to say...isn't there a famous marketer by that name?"

And my husband and I looked at each other, and I laughed out loud and said, "Yes, actually, that's me."

And it was a full 2 hours later until I realized the impact of what had just happened. Now I don't rightfully know if this guy read my chapter in Inspired Marketing!: The Astonishing Fun New Way to Create More Profits for Your Business by Following Your Heart, or if he saw the article that recently was published about me in the local paper, or perhaps he saw me speak at Pat O'Bryan's Un-Seminar earlier this year, but who cares?

The point is, I made a joke and it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

So don't think you can go around innocently joking about your mother-in-law getting hit by a bus or your ex filing bankruptcy. Anything you consistently and intensely (and humor is definitely a form of intensity for me) speak or think has the imminent potential for manifestation.

Mark my words.

Now if you have info about the SECOND part of my joke coming true, please do let me know.

(That's when someone meets the singer Amy Grant for the first time and asks, "Oh, Amy Grant the prophet?")

Oh yeah, that could definitely happen. And I'll be the one laughing when it does!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home