Monday, May 12, 2008

Who's the Expert?

Recently, I received an email from a guy who was quite frustrated. He was telling me about how he couldn't quite accomplish his goals no matter how hard he tried or what he did.

I gave him some pointers, which he quickly refuted by saying, "Well, the experts claim you're supposed to..."

C'mon dude, are you serious? You're writing me for advice (for FREE, I might add) and I take the time to answer you, and now you're telling ME what the EXPERTS have told YOU? Which, incidentally, isn't working for you?

I mean, seriously, where does he think I get MY info from? It's from stuff I TRIED that the EXPERTS said would work, and it didn't work for me! So I carved out my own methods and used trial and error, and that's how I know what works!

And just what makes someone an expert anyway? Is it because they wrote a book on the matter? they get paid to speak about it? Someone calls them an expert? they accomplished something big?

I don't buy this idea of "expert" status anyway. I've been interviewed countless times when someone called me an "expert" in my intro, and I always think, "really? Am I an expert? Because most days, I still feel like the student."

There's always something to learn, something new to master. And calling myself an expert doesn't mean you should listen to me.

I'd even go so far as to say that YOU are the expert in your OWN life.

YOU have all the answers.

YOU have what you need.

YOU know what to do, how to do it, where to go, and how to get there.

If you're lacking anything, it might only be some communication with someone who can help you unlock it. (BTW, guess who locked it up in the first place? Yep, it's you.)

But you don't need an expert.

Stop buying books, looking for answers. Stop going to conferences, trying to find the missing pieces. Stop looking for experts who can tell you what you're doing wrong and how to do it right.

You already know all that.

All you need to find is a way INTO yourself. That's it.

That's why I love what I do. I help people return to themselves -- they don't end up dependent on me, because I show them where to look inside themselves, and what to do when they find what they're looking for.

I'm no expert on YOU. I'm an expert on ME. And maybe it's fair to say that I'm an expert on helping YOU return to YOU -- the true expert in YOUR life.

OK, expert. What will you do today, now that you know you have everything you need to accomplish everything you came here to do?

Just go for it, already!

But I suppose a lot of folks are walking about

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home