Thursday, January 26, 2006

Gutted Like a Fish

On this day, two years ago, I was gutted like a fish.

Sure, doctors like to give it a fancy name, make it sound much nicer than that, but being gutted was really what happened.

Not hte most romantic way to describe childbirth is it? Let me assure you that there is nothing romantic about a C-section (or breastfeeding, for that matter). Yep, I was slit under the belly and my darling daughter was yanked out to take her first breath in the world (well, in OUR world, anyway).

And now I look at her and marvel at how much she has managed to learn in just two years. Her vocabulary is bigger than some rednecks I've met and in many cases, her enunciation is better. Now, I'm not picking on rednecks, we happen to have some in the family, but I just call it like I see it.

What a little marvel of life she is. Reminding me of my humanity as she mirrors me day after day. She makes me want to be the very best I can, to always see what is possible so that I can share that with her. *sigh* I guess it's true that nothing really prepares you for parenthood.

In any case, if you missed me the past couple of days, I've been in toddler-ville, musing over my little munchkin. I'm back in action now, and ready to roar.

Have you missed your question of the day? This one will be worth the wait:

What part of your life enchants you?
Where in your life do you just look on in awe?
Ifyou can't think of any places in your life that fit that description, you'd better watch out....check your pulse and then ask yourself this:

what the hell am I doing with this life anyways?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home