Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's Not Laziness...It's the LAW

You know, I'm all about doing as little as it takes in order to produce tremendous results. It's part of why I love fluency so much.

Some people call me lazy. They think that's an insult, but to me, it's a compliment. I mean, really -- to accomplish all I've accomplished in a lazy way? That's magnificent!

"Stress cures" would be obsolete if everyone lived life that way.

Other people criticize me because I expect results to show up immediately. I used to get frustrated with such people, but now I realize that they probably just have hangups around TIME.

I have no issues with TIME. (If you don't believe me, feel free to check me using muscle testing or your pendulum).

And I have very few issues remaining with SPEED and VELOCITY.

I like things to happen quickly, and I expect extremely fast results. And because I've cleared much of my resistence to it, that's exactly how my results tend to show up: FAST.

But back to this laziness idea.

I was cleaning out my home office today and filing away some old conference notes and I came across a page that said this:

Ways to Simplify My Life

- get a laundry service

- get a personal assistant to do research, web stuff and proofreading

- prioritize nightly for the following day

- fluency and meditation daily

- use the law of least effort

Now there was no date on these notes (how unlike me!) so I can't tell you how long ago I had this epiphany. But I can tell you that I now have a laundry service, a personal assistant service, a web designer, a prioritized daily to-do list (FAR shorter than they used to be for me!) and I use fluency nearly daily.

But I was curious about this "Law of Least Effort"

Sure, I could surmise what it most likely meant from the self-explanatory name, but I wanted to know more.

And a simple google search for "Law of Least Effort" took me straight to a Deepak Chopra article that explained the whole concept in great detail.

Deepak says:

"The fourth spiritual law of success is the Law of Least Effort. This law is based on the fact that nature's intelligence functions with effortless ease and abandoned carefreeness. This is the principle of least action, of no resistance. This is, therefore, the principle of harmony and love. When we learn this lesson from nature, we easily fulfill our desires."

Oh yeah, I'm liking the sound of this!

Deepak goes on to say:

"Nature's intelligence functions effortlessly, frictionlessly, spontaneously. It is non-linear; it is intuitive, holistic, and nourishing. And when you are in harmony with nature, when you are established in the knowledge of your true Self, you can make use of the Law of Least Effort."

"Least effort is expended when your actions are motivated by love, because nature is held together by the energy of love."

I don't know about you, but I TOTALLY resonate with this message.

So maybe I'll stop calling myself lazy...and instead I'll call myself a law-abiding citizen of the Universe.

Nah, I'll stick with "lazy" -- it's shorter and easier to say, LOL.

If you want to read the whole article by Deepak Chopra, click here.

QoD:
What are you "efforting" over? How can you simplify your life by employing the Law of Least Effort?

If you have limiting beliefs that sounds like any of these, you deserve to coach with me so we can get them clear and you can stop working so hard!

Life is hard
Anything worthwhile takes effort
Life's a bitch
It takes hard work to get what you want
Results take time
These things take time
I've got to work hard to be the best
If I can just work hard, I can achieve any goal
There's no easy way out

etc!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home