Wednesday, June 17, 2009

2-For-1: Get Your Goals Set & Support A Good Cause

My friend Kathleen Gage has the most brilliant idea, and I just had to share it with you.

She's running (possibly walking) a full marathon to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) -- but I'm not writing today to ask you for a donation. At least, not a donation just for the sake of donating. Wait till you see what you'll get for just a teeny-tiny donation to a powerfully good cause....



Kathleen is a brilliant teacher (possibly one of the best I've personally had) and she is putting together a kick-ass teleclass TOMORROW with 2 other brilliant women.

The class is about one of my favorite topics: GOALS: How to set 'em and get 'em (that's not the title, I just made that up. Wait, I'm calling dibs...dibs!!! I'll send you to this website for more info about the actual class).

And what's it gonna cost you to participate in this extraordinary teleclass?

Just a small donation -- $10 or more will do the trick -- to Kathleen's noble cause.

You can just click here for the full scoop + to make your qualifying donation. (Did I mention that's tax-deductible?)

Or, if you like details -- here's the whole email she sent me:

Dear Amy,

I've been working from home for 15 years and I love it.

However, something I noticed, not only for me, but for lots
of people who find it very "convenient" to pop their head in
the fridge whenever they want is the unwanted weight gain
that comes with the luxury of working from home.
Truth be told, unwanted weight can creep up little by
little until one day we say, "Enough is enough."

Or maybe we find that by having access to outside
distractions such as television (for some), working in the
yard, playing with the kids, grandchildren or pets, or
whatever, we let precious time in our day slip by.
Frustrated that we are off track with the life we choose to
create, we are ready for massive change. Or so we say.

The solution seems so simple. We set goals to get back on
track. The trouble is, many of us soon get off track and
promise ourselves we will make the much needed changes
someday.

Well, someday may never happen. The secret to setting and
attaining goals, whether personally or professionally is to
aim for things that will literally transform our thinking,
beliefs and actions.

Here's a "someday" for me that finally became a "today". I
have been talking about participating in a marathon for
years. I also wanted to give back more to those who may
need help. It's not that I don't give back; I simply want
to do more.

The opportunity to do both was presented to me about one
month ago. I heard a commercial on the radio about a
marathon taking place in October in Portland. Anyone who
joined the marathon through what is called Team in Training
would receive ongoing training by certified coaches.

And, we would be doing something really good for the
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) by committing to raise
funds in order to participate.
Upon going to an information meeting I made the commitment
to both the marathon and raising money for LLS.

I knew I wasn't going to go from never having been in a
marathon before to going the distance of 26.2 miles in one
step. It would take commitment, focus and reminders of why
I chose to do this in the first place.

The decision to participate in the marathon was the
catalyst for setting some very transformational goals.
Goals that are impacting me personally and professionally.

Personally, I am training 6 days a week by power walking,
bicycling and weight training; dropping unwanted (and
unhealthy) weight, eating very healthy and feeling great.

Professionally I am more focused, able to accomplish more
in less time, and feeling a very high level of passion for
what I do.

Will I stick to every goal I have set down? I will if I use
the tools I have learned over the years on how to set truly
transformational goals. Tools that have created some
amazing outcomes over the years.

Would you like to learn about setting and achieving
transformational goals? If so, please join me and two of my
good friends, Lorraine Cohen and Denise Wakeman, on
Thursday, June 18th at 3 p.m. PST for an insightful
teleseminar.

This teleseminar is open to the public and all we ask is
for a donation as little as $10 (ten dollars) to join in.
Your donation is tax deductible.

Even if you can't be there, don't worry. We will record
it and if you are registered you will receive a link to the
recording.

This is a one time call. We will not be offering this topic again.

Check it out
http://www.streetsmartsmarketing.com/Fundraiser.htm


Will you join the three of us and do something really good
for those who are impacted by blood cancers? 100% of ALL money raised from this call is deductible and goes directly to LLS. None of us are taking anything for our time. All of us have had family members and/or friends who have had (or currently have) blood cancer.

In success,
Kathleen

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Kathleen Gage said...

You rock Amy! Thanks for letting people know about the call and the fundraiser.

Hugs
Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home