Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Going Home for Christmas

HAving lived in New Orleans my entire life (until most recently), this is the first time I've had the unique opportunity to experience what it means to "go home for Christmas."

Sure, Colorado is our new home, but New Orleans will always hold a special place in my heart. Besides, most of my family is still there.

For the first time in at least a decade, our entire family will be together at Christmas. Sure, it'll be in a slightly altered house (my folks still have a "blue roof special" which is Hurricane Katrina-talk for "tarp covering teh holes in the roof"). Since their roof is asbestos, no one will touch it...well, that and hte fact that there are just no roofers available right now!

But it won't matter, because we'll all be together. And my darling little girl is finally old enough to open presents on her own, and get excited when she sees a reindeer (even a plastic one, or one that lights up or espectially one that moves its head) and Santa Claus and Christmas tress, and all that jazz.

What about you? are you going home for Christmas?

Here's your question of the day:
Who deserves to hear from you (personally, I'm not talking Christmas card cop-out, or email) this year? Why not give them a call or drop by today? I'll bet they'd looooooove to hear from you....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home