Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Why You Have No Integrity

You have no integrity. None. Nada. Zip.

Don't take it personally, 99% of our society has no integrity. I'm not saying you're in good company, I'm just saying it's a pretty ordinary way of being.

Now before you get all upset and defensive, you might want to read the rest of this post with an open mind.

As humans, we simply aren't built with integrity as part of the package. Slice any of us open, you won't find the "integrity chip." Integrity is not natural for us. It's a quality that must be developed...like a flabby, flacid muscle that must be flexed and worked out consistently to get strong.

By the way, I have no integrity either. When I first started this blog six months ago, I committed to writing every day. And if you've been paying attention, you know I clearly didn't keep my commitment there. So I'm not just pointin' fingers at you, I'm talking abuot you, me and everyone else who walks on two legs.

But here's the thing...and pay attention because this is profound.

When you can create integrity in your life...when you do what you say you will do, by when you say you will do it...your life becomes extraordinary.

When you live in integrity, your life goes the way you say it goes...because you said so.

Now that's powerful.

How would you like your life to go the way you say it goes? Would ya like that? Well, all you have to do is be conscious about what comes out of your mouth...and then act accordingly.

More about that in a later post.

For now, the simplest way to get in integrity is to make a list of all the things you've been saying you should do. You know what I'm talking about, the "I really should..." or "I've been meaning to..." or "I'll...when I get around to it" and "Yeah, I'm gonna...." Just write them all out in a list.

Next, just start tackling those things one by one.

Some of you just fainted. Or your eyes glazed over. Or you clicked away.

But seriously, that's all you gotta do to begin to have your life go the way YOU say it goes. MAke a list of all that crap you've been putting off, and get busy knocking it out.

And then watch what comes up as you're doing it. But more about that in a later post.

And here is your Question of the Day (QoD):

If you truly can create whatever you want, and have your life go the way you say it goes, what would you create?

P.S. Happy Mardi Gras!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home