Monday, February 06, 2006

Did You Miss Me?

Sorry, I've been pretty busy lately. We have a contract on our New Orleans home - we are scheduled to close on Feb 17th, so we've been busy with long-distance inspections and last-minute repairs and negotiations. Plus I was sick - and I mean sick as a DOG with some kind of intestinal virus - for hte past few days, so things are just starting to get back to normal here.

I wanted to share something with you (it feels good to tell teh truth):

I realized that I have been struggling with my weight for a while now. See, I've been pretending to do whatever it takes to get in shape. I've been pretending that I would do anythign, eat anything, refrain from eating anything, adn participate in any kind of rigorous workout schedule, just to get fit. My goal is to lose 30 pounds before getting pregnant again (yes, we want more children).

But in reality? The truth is that I want to eat what I want, when I want it, and I only want to exercise when it's fun or doesn't feel like exercise, when I feel like it.

The result is that I am NOT happy with my body the way it is.

Now, in the midst of all this, I realized that I can create the possibility of being in integrity. My personal fitness is an area of my life where in the past I have never been able to keep promises to myself. I have broken promises to myself and others who attempted to support my efforts to get in shape.

Now, in the face of this new possibility of being in integrity, I have hte opportunity to make new promises, and KEEP them.

I can't tell you how empowering this is.

On Thursday, I promised myself that I would do 100 situps every morning and 100 situps every evening, and that I would write down everything I ate.

I am thrilled to tell you that despite my violently ill stomach, I have kept that promise every day since Thursday.

Now before you dismiss this as "oh, she's only talking about 5 days so far" remember that we make progress one step - one TINY step - at a time.

So your QoD:

What tiny, baby step will you take today to move you closer toward your goals?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home