Saturday, May 13, 2006

Some Sound Advice

Today I received an email from my dear Auntie Pauline. I thought this was pretty sound advice, so I'm passing it along. (I don't think Auntie Pauline penned this personally, and I've give appropriate credit if I knew who wrote it, but I don't. Feel free to post a comment if you know who deserves credit for these words of wisdom....)

Don't spend major time with minor people.
If there are people in your life that continually disappoint you, break promises, stomp on your dreams, too judgmental, have different values and don't save your back during difficult times...that is not a friend.

To have a friend, be a friend.
Sometimes in life as you grow, your friends will either grow or go. Surround yourself with people who reflect values, goals, interests and lifestyle that
that would have positive influences in your success.

Over the years my phone book has changed because I changed for the better. At first you think you're going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that can make your life so much sweeter and easier to endure.

Birds of a feather flock together.
If you're an eagle, don't hang around chickens: Chickens Can't Fly!

Here is your QoD:

Did you know that your income is the average of the incomes of your 5 closest friends (or the 5 people you hang around with the most)? I invite you to do the math....generally speaking, your success level, happiness and overall well-being is also on par with your inner circle. That's why this advice is so sound - as you grow...your friends will either grow or go. So don't freak about it, just flow with it. The question to consider is...are you more attached to the friends you have now (that hold you back) or to your potential future?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home