Monday, August 07, 2006

Can 10 Cents Change Your Life?

I admit, I love sales. Who doesn't? I mean, who would RATHER pay full price for anything if they didn't have to? I especially love when I'm already going to buy something, and there it is, on sale, saving me money. Yet another gift of abundance from the Universe. Thanks again!

Right now, practically every store in the free world is offering school supplies at ridiculously low prices. Glue sticks for 20 cents. Notebooks for 10 cents. Folders for a nickel.

What does ANY of this have to do with success?

I'm so glad you asked.

Are you familiar with the "magic book" technique?

First let me say, I didn't invent this - it's been around for ages. Tom and Penelope Pauley talk about it. Joe Vitale talks about it (in fact, he gave each of us a really cool one from India as a gift during the Manifestation Weekend). If I remember correctly, Napoleon Hill talks about it too.

But the reason it's stuck around for so long is because IT WORKS.

And right now, you can go to any drug store or discount mart and pick one up for 10 cents.

See, there's nothing magic about the notebook while it's sitting there on the shelf.

But as soon as you bring it home with you, and you start treating it like a magic book - well, that's when the miracles start to happen.

So how does one use this magic book to create specific results in reality?

Again, I'm so glad you asked.

Once you've set the intention that your notebook is magic, you can write down anything in the book and have it come true. Something magical happens when you write down your goal as though it's already achieved. You can super-charge it by being grateful - as though it's already happend and you're thanking the Universe for delivering it to you. When you write it down, it's not just a thought, or a spoken word that disappears as soon as you stop talking about it - the written work is actually, there sitting there in existence. Ready to manifest itself.

Of course, there are a few rules.

1 - The book should only be used for good. Don't wish any ill will upon another unless you are prepared to reap that 100 fold.

2 - Don't ask for something that seems ridiculous to you - it should be challenging, but just believable that it can happen.

3 - Don't demand how it will happen. If you want $100,000, don't ask to win the lottery. Just ask for the $100,000.

4 - Be sure you ask for exactly what you want - you'll get what you ask for, not what you want.

5 - When you get what you ask for, acknowlege it in some way - highlight it in your book, put a checkmark or a sticker next to it, etc. That reinforces the power of the magic book.

6 - Put it in the present tense, as though it's already yours. Name it to claim it (but claim it now, not some time in teh future).

7 - Be sure you have no limiting beliefs that work against wahtever your asking for. If you think it's noble to be poor, it won't do you much good to ask for wealth. If you're constantly condeming skinny people, don't ask for easy weight loss. Set your beliefs in congruence with your goals.

8 - Watch your language. Pick apart each word - the whole thing should feel wonderful when read out loud. If something doesn't feel right when you read it, it should be re-worded and re-written until it does.

9 - Release any attachment to the outcome. For example, "I'd love a new Corvette" has no attachment, whereas "I've got to get that new Corvette" clearly shows attachment. When you can detach from teh outcome, the resutls will come so quickly and swiftly and surprisingly, it'll blow your mind.

I may be missing some, as I think of them, I'll reference in a new post. If you thikn of any I've forgotten, feel free to email me and let me know.

So you can truly have anything you want for only 10 cents.

How's that for a bargain?

QoD: Will you start a magic notebook today? Why not? Aren't your goals and dreams worth at least 10 cents to you? Go for it! Just say no to procrastination!

3 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amy;

Regarding the "magic book" I have done it and it works! Only thing is, I tend to forget to write -- sort of like my committment to dieting {start on Mondy...eating ice cream by Friday!} I like what you said about procrastination -- that seems to be the problem we all face at one time or another. Have any suggestions on keeping the motivation going long after the thrill is over? My hubby has just gone on a notebook buying spree, so there are pleanty in the house -- like you, he could not pass up the bargain of 10 cents -- so there must be at least 20 of those buggers laying around here all I need is the motivation! Thanks for a great blog! p.s. I got turned on to you because of the "Rich beyond my wildest dreams" site -- I just love the feng shui advice, are there any more tips you want to share???

 
At 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, thank you SOOOOOOO much for this little - HUMONGOUS - story. I don't think that I've ever heard it before.

I felt very excited while reading it. I will read more stories - after I get back from the store with my Magic Book. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Karen

 
At 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're both so welcome. Teresa, I would invite you to remain passionate, then procrastination is not a worry. If you find it hard to remain passionate about a goal, it's probably not an accurate reflection of what you really want. On a more specific note, I give a surefire 3-step plan for beating procratination in The Success Method. http://TheSuccessMethod.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home