Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's a Lifestyle Thing

I made a bold decision today. Well, at least I think it was bold.

Tonight I was filming my next installment of Be-Do-Have It All (which airs on The Manifest Station) and I decided to film it "as is."

What do I mean by that?

I mean I spent the day out on a boat on the lake today, and then I came home and filmed the next episode.

No shower, no makeup, no clothing change. I'm wearing a tank top and a "Life Is Good" baseball cap. Good thing there's no such thing as "smellivision" yet because if there was, I probably would have lost some viewers today.

Here's my thinking -

1 - People are more interested in the message than the appearance of the messenger. How do I know this? Because I typically sell out my teleclasses (where no one can see me anyways) and I get rave reviews (and it's all 'message' -- there's nothign to 'see.')

2 - Most of the time, when I'm working, I'm wearing a tank top and shorts or jeans. Or my jammies. It somehow seems inauthentic to dress up, fix my hair and put on lots of makeup, when that's not how I appear in "ordinary" life. I'm more of a "eyeliner and lip gloss" kind of girl. What you see is what you get. (did you know that's what WYSIWYG, or "wizzy-wigg," means?)

3 - I put the focus on my message, not on my appearance. You have no idea how big of a breakthrough this is for me. Once I put the appearances thing aside, I could feel the message flow from me -- I was just speaking from teh heart, not worrying about how I look.

Besides, I'm all about living the lifestyle. The whole reason I do what I do is so that I don't have to report to a boss, get dressed up for work, or punch a clock. I live life on my own terms, and I wouldn't give that up for anything.

It's interesting to notice how much time we spend worrying about appearances. Saying the right things, wearing what's in style, "looking the part." Really, it's so exhausting. And it's such a waste of time, because while we're so worried about what other people think of us, you know what THEY are really thinking?

Why, they're barely noticing you because they're wondering what YOU think of them, of course!


Here's your QoD:

What would you do if you didn't care how you looked? Would yuo feel freer? Would you contribute more? How would your life change?

Now go for it. You look smashing, anyways. Mah-velous dahling, just maaaaaah-vah-luss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home