Thursday, May 03, 2007

What Are You Pretending?

When I told my sister that I had started a blog, and I told her how often I planned to write, she was immediately skeptical.

"Really?" she asked. "Won't you run out of things to write about?"

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. But I persisted, and I found theopposite to be true.

Like the springs of Manitou, the more I write, the more I find to write about. The constant practice sharpens my skills.

If I attempted to shut the valve, my writing skills would wither and die, and I would surely run out of topics because I would see only a limited list.

In truth, the number of potential blog posts is infinite -- just look at how many good blogs are out there, posting excellent info every day. Then look at how much crap is out there, too.

There is an infinite number of ways for self-expression to manifest. Are you pretending that there aren't?

There are reasons to pretend that there is lack where there is plenty. Good reasons, right? fOR starters, it lifts responsibility. It keeps us safe, not taking risks. We don't have to risk failure if we don't DO anything worthwhile.

Are you playing it safe?

Your QoD:

Where are you pretending to be limited when, in truth, you have an inexhaustible supply? Where are you playing it safe, when your heart is telling you to take a chance?

Go for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home