Monday, August 22, 2005

The Myth of Time Management

My earlier post may have confused some people, so I want to make the following crystal clear:

Time management is a myth.

You can't manage time any more than you could manage God or a sunset. Put simply, time is what it is and it can't be altered, controlled or managed by you (or me, or that guy over there). So if you're attempting to manage time, you're only fooling yourself.

OK, so you're probably wondering why people pay me to help them organize and balance their lives if I can't even manage time. Well, here's the thing....it's all in the way you look at it.

You CAN'T manage time...
but you CAN manage yourself within the restraints imposed by time.

(Ah, a technicality. I love to exploit loopholes in the Universe. How fun!)

You can use time to your advantage and get more done in less time, conduct more meaningful activity and be happier. All this leads to personal harmony and balance. And without any meditation or yoga (unless you want to. I mean, I'm not against the stuff, but I definitely take a more practical approach to problem solving and the time management thing is one problem that a lot of people want help solving).

So here's today's ponderable:

What is one way in which you can effectively manage yourself within time today?

OK, gotta go....my allotted time fo rthis activity is up! (haha, just kidding...I'm not quite that rigid).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home