Sunday, August 14, 2005

Why Don't Single Women Vote?

Did you know that only about 52% of single women vote?

I was reading an article that talked about how 68% of married women vote, but just about half of single women make it to the polls. Naturally, being the inquisitive person that I am, I had to ask why?

But the article didn't talk about why, it only talked about the concerns of single women and how they would swing hte votes if they participated, etc. And I was thinking, how do you know what their concerns are if they aren't voting?

Why don't more single women vote?

Probably because they're too busy being superwoman. Who has time to vote when you're furthering your career, raising children alone, trying to prove you're as good as a man (even though maybe better), dating (yikes), trying to forgive your mother for ruining your life and attempting to keep up with Martha Stewart? No, there's simply no time for voting.

I'll bet the #1 reason more single mothers don't invest in a good time management program is because

THEY DON'T HAVE THE TIME.

Yes, I realize it sounds ridiculous. Of course, if you're a single mom, you know what I'm talking about. Your idea of success means surviving another day without killing your kids, your boss, yourself or your mother.

I hear what you're saying. I understand your needs. Right now, I am working on something designed just for you. You're gonna love it, adn I'm making sure it's something you have TIME to do. I'm going to revolutionize your life, if you'll let me.

This is really exciting stuff. How do you define success? Think about that seriously, because you'll want to have your answer before I rock your socks with this new program. Plus, even though my business partners tell me I'm insane, I promise to make it affordable and easy to use. It's got to work for busy people, otherwise you won't use it--I know that!

I get it.

I get YOU.

That's why you're gonna love it. My advisors tell me I'm not supposed to disclose any info yet, but trust me, I'm as anxious as you are to get it finished and start getting it out there into the hands of people who deserve to have it. I can't wait to see the success stories start flowing in from single moms, working women, single dad, stressed out parents, and everyone in-between. But it's gotta be good enough before I release it because I don't put my name on anything unless it works. That's how I've built my phenomenal reputation--that's why women and men flock to me for coaching and assistance and that's why my seminars are such a huge success.

Wow, I really got on a soapbox there.

Forgive me, I get excited! But this is what it's like to do what you love, and this is why I help people find ways to do just that. Imagine jumping out of bed each day with enthusiasm because you can't wait to get started working! Seriously! My dad used to say "Find a way to earn money doing what you love and you'll never 'work' another day in your life." Unfortunately, he didn't take his own advice, but it taught me a valuable lesson, and I'm living proof that his words are true.

Here's your thought for hte day:

What would your life be like if you got excited about your work every day?

Once you get a handle on that, it's time to start thinking about how you can make money doing something that you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home