Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Everybody Feng Shui Tonight

A little thing can make a big difference.

I am seeing examples of this all over the place lately, so I figure it's a good topic for today.

My daughter is 19 months old. She has an incredible vocabulary for her age - over 100 words, most of which can be easily understood by people other than her parents. But when she learns a new word, it can sound entirely different than what we know she means. For example, I've called her "Peaches" since she was a baby. (Who knows why, but babies are so adorable that food nicknames just kinda stick.) She is now imitating me, attempting to say "Hey Peaches" but it sounds more like "Hey B#tches" which is not so nice! You don't even want to know what Freckle sounded like when she first learned to say it. But a little thing can make a huge difference.

HAve you ever noticed that when you're cooking, a little mistake can make a huge difference? There's a big difference between a teaspoon of cayenne powder and a tablespoon. Yikes.

Today I realized that when I was learning about Feng Shui, I misread a SINGLE WORD in the book I was using as a guide, and because of it I was completely off in my Feng Shui treatments. Fortunately, I was talking with a friend who had understood it correctly (she happened to have hte same book) and we looked it up together and realized I was way off base. It's very fortunate that I learned of my mistake BEFORE we move into our next home (here in Colorado!)

Sometimes, someone we love makes a little mistake that seems to make a huge difference. It can be tough to forgive and even tougher to forget. But if we can see these mistakes for what they really are - just tiny mistakes - then it gets easier to forgive and to forget.

Same holds true for forgiving ourselves for those little mistakes.

Instead of focusing on the BIG result of the little mistake, focus on forgiving hte little mistake. Often, just teh forgiveness itself can open the door to HUGE opportunities.

So my question for you today is this:

What little mistake can you forgive today that could make a big difference?

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like your blog. Keep up the good work!
While surfing we just happened upon an
Unforgetable Mens Sandals
website. It contains very cool stuff about Mens Sandals.
Please come and check it out. You'll Like -- We Promise!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home