Friday, September 23, 2005

Hurricane Rita

Although Hurricane Rita is set to hit Texas soon, New Orleans is definitely feeling the effects. The torrential rain adn powerful winds are pounding us in waves.

The temporary fix has already flown off hte roof once, so my hubby got up there in the pouring rain and reapplied a tarp. Hopefully that will hold until morning. We've had some "indoor drippage" as a result of hte hole in teh roof.

We expect the worst of the storm to have passed over New Orleans by morning. Tomorrow we'll have some heavy-duty cleanup to do in our front and back yard. Today, I'm cleaning up some paperwork issues while hubby is working on home repairs adn making necessary phone calls.

Rita is just pounding away. I'm looking through the window and watching the rain come down in sheets. My citrus trees are being wracked by teh wind and what's left of my windchimes are horizontal from the gusts of wind.

Right now, I'm pretty glad I'm not in Texas.

But now, back to my fridge cleanup. Yuck!

In the meantime, stay dry. I'll continue to post unless power goes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home