Sunday, September 18, 2005

Do You Hate Sundays?

Personally, I have mixed emotions about Sunday.

On the one hand, it's a day to celebrate God (whatever that may mean to you - this is certainly not a forum for religious discussion!) and be thankful for all the blessings you've received in the past seven days, and to give thanks for all the blessings you're sure to receive in the next seven days. It's a day to stop and take stock, think about where you're heade the next week, make a plan and get on track.

On the other hand, it's the end of hte weekend.

Even though I am self-employed and I tend to work a little bit every day (well, nearly every day anyyway) I still look at the weekends as a time of rest. Friday through Sunday is a time to work only lightly, to have fun and take time out for me. So Sunday evenings can be a little sad, because I know that Monday it's time to get back at it again.

Of course, I understand that much of what I'm feeling is related to old programming inside my head. For years, I had a job, I worked for someone else, and my schedule was all day, every weekday, Monday through Friday. Way back wWhen I was in a job that despised, Sunday evenings were downright depresing because I knew I had to get up and start another workweek at the dreaded job Monday morning.

So even though that's not where I'm at in my life now, I still have some of that old programming telling me that Sunday nights are kinda sad. Like I'm relinquishing my independence every Sunday and going back into the fray Monday morning. Even though that's not what I'm doing, that's what my old conditioning remembers.

Old conditioning can be pesky, can't it? It's not exactly something you can change overnight. And I've certainly had bigger fish to fry when it comes to what I want to work on about myself, so I haven't given much thought to the Sunday night blues lately.

But teh fact that it's coming up for me today tells me that maybe it's worth looking at. Maybe there's a reason that I'm supposed to take a look at this old, outdated programming and see what comes up. Maybe it's finally time to have a breakthrough about Sunday night blues to make way for something wonderful to happen on Sunday evenings.

Or maybe I'm just full of it.

That's the funny thing about our minds - we think everything is about us, when really nothing means what we think it means. IT doesn't really mean anything, except to us and only us.

So maybe the fact that this is coming up for me today is because it might mean something to you. Or maybe someone you may talk to about what you read todya. Or maybe it doesn't mean anything at all.

Regardless of what my Sunday evening blues may or may not mean, here's your question(s) for this fine Sunday afternoon:

What area of your life is worth looking at today to see if there's a possibility of a breakthrough? How will a breakthrough create a space for something good in your life in that same area? What can you do TODAY to create the opportunity for that breakthrough?

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

An excellent blog. Keep it up. I have a luxury homes in las vegas blog. It pretty much coversluxury homes in las vegas related stuff. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blog is born ... now come the rants
The blogosphere can be a jungle, as Chrysler is finding out. The U.S. division of DaimlerChrysler AG recently launched a Weblog called thefirehouse.biz designed to spark rollicking online exchanges between the ...
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my

href="http://www.curious-auctions.com">curious auctions
related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home