Monday, October 10, 2005

Still Searching for Patience?

If you read the patience post from a few days ago, you know how I feel about patience. For a recap, click here.

Today I am thinking about patience again, as I am anxious to get my new home unpacked so I can feel settled and have all my stuff where I want it--at my fingertips instead of "missing" in a box somewhere. But I have only been here 2 days, so I know it will take time.

Unfortunately, my office is not my top priority, so I admit I am not very motivated to write today. However, as I have mentioned in previuos posts, one of the secrets of success is consistency. Integrity is another, which is why I must blog every day, since I have committed to doing so.

Since I refuse to write some meaningless patter just so I can say I blogged, I must find something of substance for my loyal readers today.

Here's what I came up with:

Excuses.

That's right--every time I don't go after what I want, it's always about whatever excuses I'm telling myself. Until I stop buying my own excuses, I can't move forwrad and make any progress.

Today, my excuse is that I'm so busy unpacking that I haven't finished the next issue of my ezine and the two articles I planned to post to the New Success site this weekend. After all, I just moved across the country, blah blah blah. Please. Even my own excuses make me sick. And I know that some of you are chomping at hte bit to get your hands on the success program I've been talking about, and I still have to finish teh website to launch the product. I know, it's pathetic.

What's even more pathetic is that some people don't even realize that their excuses are excuses. They're so busy blaming circumstances, situations, their boss, their spouse, their kids, their parents, their neighbor, their insurance agent, their ex, the guy who cut them off in trafic, etc, that they refuse to take personal responsibility. Which is why they can not achieve success.

Success is all about personal responsibility. Which means you DON'T accept your own excuses. Even if they are disguised as legitimate reasons, justifications or even rationalizations.

So I continue to press onward, because I know my excuses are just that--excuses. I have all the time in the world if I can only focus and continue pressing onward. If you desire success--if you have truly lofty goals that drive you forward, you must do the same.

My question for you today is this:

Are you willing to let go of your excuses and move forward to get what you really want? What action can you take today to mvoe you forward despite your excuses?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home