Friday, October 21, 2005

What if Money Isn't Real?

What if money isn't real?

I mean, what if it was never meant to be, and it was just a figment of our predecessors' imagination? Perhaps God created the world, and on the eighth day, he created money because otherwise human beings could never coexist. Somehow I don't think that's the way it went.

Sure, it started out as a harmless bartering system. But it evolved into Something Major. Something We Can't Live Without. Something We Worry About.

How many times a day do you think about money?

Ten? One hundred? None? I would guess it's about ten times more than your first guess. How often have you seen somehting you liked (in a store, on your friend, on the internet) and thought to yourself: "I wonder how much they want for that?" How about dining out, looking at the price which in some part, small or big, determines what you order. Looking at the bill to see if it was correct. Calculating the tip. Commenting on the high price of gas. Feeling sad about your paycheck. Worrying about bills or unexpected expenses. Saving money. Clipping coupons. Looking for a good deal. Avoiding ripoffs. Signing up for something free. Buying a lottery ticket. Thinking about stuff you think you can't afford.

It's kind of a lot, don't you agree?

The average person thinks about money constantly thorughout the day. It permeates our very existence.

But do you thikn that is the way life is meant to be?

It's funny, I've noticed that the LESS I think about money, the MORE I seem to get. And the more free stuff that comes to me when I'm not looking to get stuff for free.

It's strange how that works, I think.

What about you?

Do you have money issues? or do you have the "money thing" all figured out? IF you have money issues, ask yourself how many times a day you think about money. Begin to catch yourself when you do it.

And think about this (your question of the day):

What if money isn't real? What if money really has nothing to do with my health, my happiness or my ability to be free?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home