Friday, December 16, 2005

The Power of Creation

HAve you ever noticed that while you are creating, it's hard to focus on anything else?

For example, if you enjoy photography, it's kind of hard to think about anything NOT related to photography while you're creating photographs. There's too many factors that keep you in the moment - how's my light meter? How can I improve the composition of this image? what other angles can I try? How far away am I from my target? How's my focus? What F-stop should I use? If I wait long enough, will that bird look right at me? Do I need to clean my lens? Did I bring fresh batteries? A million thoughts enter our minds, but all are related to the task at hand, and only that.

While you're creating, it's easy to temporarily forget bills, worries, relationship troubles, and anything else that would otherwise occupy your mind during idle time.

So the next time you get bummed about somthing, why not create?

Creation takes many forms - just think about something you love to do. Do you love to:

write? imagine? draw? sew? bead? design web pages or graphic art? speak? tell stories? scrapbook? cook? shop? put together outfits? play with your kids? take pictures? paint? arrange flowers? assemble jigsaw puzzles? create memories?

Whatever you love to do that CREATES, why not go for it? We are creative beings and we were born to create. When is the last time you created soemthing, just for the pure pleasure of doing so?

AT this time of year, wrapping gifts is a perfect diversion. It's pretty hard to think about anything else while you're wrapping something. Christmas cards work well too (you still have a little time!)

Your question today is:
What can YOU create today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home