Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Travelin' Home for Christmas

This is a totally new experience for me. I've lived in New Orleans my entire life, along with nearly all of my family, up until a couple of months ago. Hurricane Katrina prompted me to uproot my family and move far from Hurricane Alley. I mean, I used to live about 7 minutes from my parents!

So this is the very first time I am experiencing the whole "coming home for Christmas" thing.

It's strange.
It's new to me.
It's exciting!

So far, I like it...the anticipation....calling Mom to see if she's making our family favorite dishes (which of course she is). And for an added bonus, ALL my siblings will be together for hte first time at Christmas in at least 10 years.

Yes, our families create a lot of drama in our lives, but only if we let them.

In fact, we can choose what kind of Christmas we will have. Just like we choose what kind of day we'll have, every single day. Know what I mean?

Sure you do.

I'll keep this short, since today is a travel day for me.

But here is your holiday question of the day:

What would change if you could be a little more understanding, a little more patient with some of your more "challenging" family members? How would that change the feel of the holiday, for everyone in your inner circle? Think about it...and have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home