Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Art of Making Money

Is making money an art or a science?

Well, plenty of people would call it a science. Consider Wallace D. Wattles' book The Science of Getting Rich.

But it certainly requires a little finesse, a little intuition and a little savvy. Which is why I consider it more of an art than a science.

Have you ever considered that there are literally millions of ways to make money?

Everything from this to this to this to this and more. Millions more.

Yet why do so many people assume that the road to success is paved with a J O B?

Naturally, it all depends on how you define success, too. For some, success is strictly all about money (not that there's anything wrong with that). For others, success means being at hte top of your game -- the best in your field. For still others, success can mean changing the world (curing cancer, making amazing discoveries or promoting world peace).

And yet, for some, success simply means paying the bills on time. Finding a spouse who won't cheat. Raising kids who don't steal or smoke pot.

Some of us set our sights on depressingly low targets, don't we?

C'mon, think about it. Do you honestly believe that SOME people were blessed while others are not? Do you think God picks and chooses his favorites? Do you think that only a privileged few are born with certain gifts and talents while others are doomed to a life of struggle?

That's horseshit!

Where you are right now today is by your own choosing. Sure, it may have been your subconscious doing all the choosing, but nevertheless, you put yourself where you are, good and bad.

HEre's another one for you: do you honestly believe that you only get one shot at this thing called life?

My views have changed dramatically over the past couple of years. I think of myself as an entirely different person (when, in reality, I am -- we all are. The chemical composition of your cells actually changes every couple of years so that you are, in fact, completely different at a cellular level).

A few years ago I didn't believe in reincarnation. A few years ago, I was still blaming other people and "circumstances" for everything I didn't like in my life. A few years ago, I was working long, painful hours in an environment where my gifts were wholly unappreciated. A few years ago, I was beginning to see the power of choice, and I was wasting my time trying to teach it to people who couldn't care less. All they cared about what how they could go from making $8 an hour to making $8.50 an hour so they could buy a new sedan, or something pointless like that.

But today, I am a completely different person. And I am ever so grateful for that. It makes me very excited to think about who I will be a few years from now. And a few lifetimes from now.

I suppose I am what some would call an "old soul." Ever since I was a child, I have known things that I seemed too young to know. I have been called "wise beyond my years" and many other interesting things.

And now, at this time, I find myself curious about what lessons I've learned in previous lives. And what lessons I will learn in this life. And what waits for me in the next lives.

But I suppose I am getting way too deep for this blog. If you want to get into some seriously esoteric stuff, check out this other blog.

Meanwhile, what does any of this have to do with succesS?

This:

Be careful what convictions you hold fast to...you could be ruling out whole other opportunities, whole other worlds, and whole other levels of being.

If you are so convinced that reincarnation is a myth and that you get one shot and that's it, then you better be living your life FULL-OUT, baby! I'm talking not one second wasted because after all, this is your only shot!

And if you believe in a heaven and a hell, and that heaven is eternal bliss and hell is eternal damnation, well you better be on your best behavior 24/7 so you can "get" to heaven.

But if you can believe that maybe your parents and teachers didn't have all the answers, and maybe there are other answers out there for you to discover on your own, well, then maybe there's hope for you after all.

Success is constantly asking questions, learning, striving to know more and be better.

So here's your question:
What belief do you hold on to so strongly that it causes constant conflict in your life? Is it possible (just possible) that maybe it;s not everyone else who's wrong, but maybe your belief doesn't really serve you anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home