Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Word of the Day Is: Partnership

I do apologize for not posting in a week...things have been rolling and rolling and rolling! The past week has been all about partnership! I can't even tell you how many joint ventures I'm launching or proposing these days. It's truly amazing.

But let me clearly define what I'm talking about.

Partnership is different from relationship. A relationship simply describes how you and another person relate to each other. A partnership is a special kind of relationship where two or more people join together to work toward the same common goal.

For example, if you want to buy a house, you'll develop a partnership with a mortgage lender. You both have the same goal: to put you in a loan that will enable you to buy the house you want.

Naturally, each partner has side agendas (the mortgage lender wants to make money off your loan and you want to pay as little as possible) but the common goal is hte same: to get you into a loan.

Lately, partnership is somehting that is coming naturally for me.

So what changed, you may ask?

Well, the same thing that must always change in order for ME to experience differnt results in my life....that's right, ME.

Nothing in your life will ever change until you do. (Life gets better when you get better.) So I changed and now opportunities are flowing to me endlessly.

I decided to be more open with people. In the past, I've tended to open up to people just enough to make them think I'm a good friend. Then when things got too close, I'd bail, no matter what else was going on. It just didn't seem safe to let people in too close, you know?

But I decided that all that was just a story in my head, so I let it go. I started really letting people in, and really showing them what I'm all about. As a result, everyone wants more of what I've got. Partnerships are literally coming to me out of thin air, out of the woodwork.

It's truly amazing what I can accomplish this year. ideas are free-flowing to me and as I approach each idea for a partnership, I have no attachment to the outcome whatsoever. See, I have so many ideas, and I have so many potential partnerships that I know I can create, it doesn't matter if someone tells me no. If one person says no, who cares? I have 100 more people to talk to, many of whom will say yes.

And if there's a particular project I want to take on, and the person I think the project is to be with says no, that simply means someone else is out there who is more suited to a partnership with me.

This is a very exciting time.

How many partnerships do you have in your life that you are truly excited about? Notice, I said partnerships, not relationships. There is a huge difference, as I explained above.

How would your life change if you had an abundance of partnerships that you were truly excited about?

Your QoD:
What can you change today to open the door to more fulfilling partnerships? Will you step forward nad take that action today? If not, what will your life be like a year from now if you don't do anything differently?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home