Saturday, October 21, 2006

For the Sheer Joy of It

There are things I should probably hire someone to do, but I do them myself because it's interesting. Or it's something I want to learn.

Or sometimes, it's just plain fun and it makes me happy.

For example, I just got inspired to set up a Cafe Press store.

No reason, really. Just thought it would be fun -- don't be fooled by the pricing, the markup I chose isn't much. This is not about making a profit, it's about making stuff and having people want to buy it.

Go take a look: http://cafepress.com/amygrant

I've only got a few items selected (I'm just trying it out -- I literally created the designs adn posted everything in about an hour). But when you're inspired, and you act quickly (remember, money loves speed) it doesn't have to take long to get something done.

And to think, all this time, I've been telling myself I'm not a graphic designer. I think I did pretty darn good, with my limited knowledge of Photoshop.

I'm sure there are other programs that could do stuff faster and easier and more professionally, but hey, I had fun.

Depending on what other ideas strike my fancy, I'm thinking of expanding -- upgrading my brand new Cafe Press store to a fully customizable storefront.

Not that I'm getting distracted from my main focus: human empowerment and transformation. That's priority #1, and the online store is just an inspired diversion...

At any rate, if you like what you see, feel free to buy some. I'd be tickled purple if you did. :-)

QoD: How often do you take immediate action on your inspired ideas? When you don't, why not? What is stopping you? After all, YOU got the idea, so who better to take action on it than, oh, I don't know, YOU???

Go for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home