Monday, September 25, 2006

You Get What You Focus On....Always

I'm a bit perplexed right now.

I've just gathered every towel I own (probably about 40 or so, at least) to sop up a soggy mess, and I think I may know exactly how I attracted this.

But let me back up a bit.

For the past month or so, I've consciously focused on "ease and flow."

Things have certainly come naturally, but now I realize that lately I've used that same phrase (ease and flow) in my affirmations, but I haven't given any energy, attention or focus to the what that looks like. In other words, I've been requesting and affirming ease and flow, but I haven't been visualizing what that means to me, in real life.

So it's really no surprise that I had a plumbing issue in my newly constructed home (it's been 6 weeks, if you're keeping track).

As I often preach to you -- we must be specific in what we request.

I requested flow, I got flow. All over my very expensive hardwood floors, as a matter of fact.

And it's so bizarre how it happened, really. I still can't get my head around it.

I was in the kitchen (thank goodness - I had just been outside with my family, watching the sun set over the Rocky Mountains from our upper deck, and I came inside to start dinner). While fixing some rice on the stove, I heard gushing water.

I assumed something must be wrong with my washing machine, as I had tossed in a load of laundry just a little while earlier.

Imagine my surprise to see water GUSHING from my powder room toilet -- not from the tank, but from the bowl itself.

That's right -- WARM water was flowing up and out of my toilet.

I ran out to the deck to inform my husband and then ran back to find every towel I could get my hands on. He immediately came inside, turned off the water and got on the phone with the warranty company.

Yikes. There was at least an inch of water on my floor. And since the builder didn't seal the caps around the pedestal sink, there was also water in my basement. Fortunately, we haven't yet started construction to finish out that basement yet. I'd be pretty ticked if I was replacing carpet down there on top of all else!

Not exactly what I feel like dealing with while 7 months pregnant, but since I am committed to total personal responsibility, I've got to take a look and see what part I've played in this...and what lesson is to be learned.

After the initial shock, what came next was gratitude. Thnak goodness we were home (can't tell you how many times I toss in a load of laundry on my way out the door). Thank goodness I was inside and heard it. Thank goodness our basement wasn't finished. Thank goodness my husband was home. (I don't even know how to turn off hte water to the house...but this is probably a good time to learn). Thank goodness everyone was safe. Thank goodness we have a warranty. Etc etc etc.

After gratitude came the sense of "what now"? Fortunately, hubby took care of that. Getting a plumber out tonight to take care of things ASAP, etc.

Then there was that curiosity of "why did I attract this?"

What came to me immediately was the fact that I've been so focused on ease and flow. And I've brought so much water into my house -- lava lamp, tabletop fountain -- just today I bought a wall fountain too (it isn't even installed yet). I think on some level, I gotta look at whether or not I've got a good balance of the elements in this house (see Feng Shui).

So there's some things for me to look at there.

Now for the million-dollar question. What's the lesson to be learned?

Well, considering all this just happened less than an hour ago, I haven't quite figured that out yet.

What's coming to mind first and foremost is being specific in what I'm requesting.

So for the time being, I'm changing my affirmation to "ease and velocity."

In the meantime, we'll see what else comes up and I'll keep you posted.

And here is your QoD:

Are you truly willing to take total responsibility for every aspect of your life? Where are you reluctant to take responsibility? Consider that an intensely valuable lesson could be learned if you're willign to explore these areas to see why you're creating whatever you're creating.

Go for it! and stay dry....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home