Monday, February 19, 2007

Un-Seminar 3: The Day After (or, The Power of Detachment)

Today we returned home from the Un-Seminar 3 and I have yet another example of the Law of Attraction in Action.

(Which reminds me -- remember a while back I told you that Colin Joss had asked me to submit a chapter for his book, Inspired Attraction? And that Dr. Joe Vitale, John Dimartino and others had also submitted chapters? Well, I got the opportunity to meet Colin, and I must he is a striking presence of a man. Tall, bald, nice-looking, and a voice with a thick Scottish accent that I could listen to all day long. Don't be surprised if you find HIM speaking at the next un-seminar...)

As I often do for upcoming events, I had set a specific intention for the weekend: to create 2 new juicy JVs for myself.

Well, by the end of day 2, I was thinking "no JVs yet? what's up with that?" But I reminded myself to be patient because the weekend was far from over.

Then, at the end of the Day 3 sessions, I got a juicy, mouth-watering JV proposal. Mmmm-mmmm good.

Last night, I was thinking about the weekend and all I had learned, and the wonderful people I had met. The thought crossed my mind that I had set an intention, and only receive 50% of it.

THIS IS THE PART ABOUT DETACHMENT:

I was completely OK with that. The one JV was very juicy, and I was fine with it.

And then I learned another valuable lesson.

Today, the 2nd JV (and this one is even juicier than the first, and requires a LOT less work on my part and has the potential to make as much as the first JV, only much, much FASTER) was dropped into my lap at the VERY LAST SECOND.

I'm not kidding. I'm talking about the LAST second of the trip. We were just pulling up to the United drop off at the Austin airport when the JV invite surfaced.

And I had to laugh. My intention had fulfilled itself because I completely let go of any attachment and allowed "whatever" to happen.

Now I am supercharged and ready to get to work.

Your QoD is this:

How often do you give up before the deadline? Do you get discouraged when your intentions don't manifest as quickly as you'd like? Can you see that by learning to detach and let go, you are opening a space for your intention to freely be fulfilled?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home