Saturday, June 30, 2007

It's a Small World After All...

If ever I doubted that we were all connected, this week I've surely received proof.

Friday was the final day of our personal development conference, and Lynne McTaggart was our speaker. Are you familiar with Lynne? She was featured in the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know -- Down the Rabbit Hole?" and she is the author of "The Field" and "The Intention Experiment."

Lynne was our speaker all day on Friday, and for me, the experience was a lot like the first time I watched the movie "What the Bleep?" The information was so scientific, and so cutting-edge (many would undoubtedly call it "bleeding edge") that I found I had to make sure I was fully present at every moment, just to keep up.

I could sit here adn summarize exactly what she spoke about, but somehow I don't think that would serve you. Getting teh facts and figures, adn all the details are really essential to understanding what she's up to. I would recommend this: if, by the time you've finished reading this post, you're fascinated and want to know more -- then go get either (or both) of Lynne's books, which I mentioned above.

Lynne would be the first to tell you that she's not a scientist, she's a journalist who understands who to speak to scientists, so she talked (explained) a lot about quantum physics. (which is what got me thinking about that disney song, "It's a Small World."

Perhaps what would be most interesting to know, would be what I personally discovered through listening to Lynne's presentation.

1. There is scientific evidence that we are ALL connected, adn that telepathy is real, and we can communicate across time, space, distance, and to individuals living and dead.

2. We can actually change the past. No kidding -- this is the part of the day that had my mind absolutely reeling.

3. I learned the science behind the law of attraction -- WHY my intention and focus create results. I've understood HOW to do it, how to harness the power, but never WHY it actually works.

4. I learned HOW 1 person can actually change the world. Wow. Talk about personal responsibility.

5. I learned the most efficient way to train my intention on something, which also happens to be the same way to further develop my intuition.

6. I learned tools to sharpen my ability to focus intensely (I talk about the benefits of short bursts of intense focus in my book, The Success Method.)

All in all, it was a phenomenal session. Tonight was the black tie gala (and I'm happy to say, the fashion tape was a blessing! see earlier post) and tomorrow we're off for a Hunter Valley wine tour.

Here's your QoD: When you hear ideas liek this that may be new to you, are you more likely to dismiss them immediately, or to evaluate them objectively to see if it fits for you? Successful people tend to be more open minded than other people, and they are willing to "try on" new ideas and concepts before dismissing what may be an entirely radical and counterintuitive approach.

You can train yourself to be more open minded by being willing to look at things with a "fresh" perspective.

Go for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home