Friday, July 06, 2007

Go On Holiday. Get Paid. Repeat.

We had a spectacular day. Despite the lack of salad dressing. (Don’t get it? Click here to see post called “Rudeness? I can’t be sure.” on my other blog.)

I loooooove getting paid on holiday.

There’s something truly satisfying about being out and about, enjoying myself in another country or city or what have you, and getting paid. It reminds me every time that I am living the lifestyle of my dreams. And I love that anyone can do this (including you. Read more about Andy’s home business. The lazy guy only works about 2 hours a day. Period. Less while on holiday. Of course, I shouldn’t poke fun, I’m rather lazy myself.)

I’m not kidding you, I’ve probably attracted over $25,000 since I left home. That kind of thing just doesn’t happen in a J.O.B.

I have a favorite affirmation (feel free to steal) that says:

The less I work, the more money I make.

Now I’ll be honest with you and tell you that when I first started using that affirmation, every time I read it, my brain said “B.S.”

It took some time, it took me clearing limiting beliefs, and it took repetition, but the benefits continue to pay me in spades.

Who wouldn’t like to work less and earn more? (BTW, that's exactly what I coach people to do)

Of course, I thought we had a pretty good thing going, until I started reading Timothy Ferriss’ book: The 4-Hour Work Week. It’s rockin my world. And causing me to rethink my world.

Do NOT read this book unless you are prepared to completely re-evaluate the way you’ve designed your life. No kidding, it’s that revolutionary.

Today was a fabulous day. Money flowed in while I was out and about, enjoying an all-day non-touristy tour of Perth and the Swan Valley, in Western Australia. If you’re a details kind of person, you might like to read this post in my other blog. Today was a hoot!

Robert Kiyosaki (and all the money experts, really) are always talking about multiple streams of income. That’s the way to go, and that’s the way Andy and I have set up our lives. And some of my projects are just now starting to get the point where money shows up at random times, without my having to do anything (aka “passive income”).

Now THAT is a sweet ride – imagine putting in some work, setting some things up, and then having money show up at random times, for work you already did (just ONCE). Smokin!!

QoD:

If you don’t have multiple streams of income, and you don’t have any passive income coming in, why the heck not?? If not now, when?

What would it feel like to receive money WITHOUT doing anything right now to get it? (For some people, that is a scary thought!)

Go for it, mate.

2 Comments:

At 3:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy - this is exactly what I needed to read today. I am at a point where I want to manifest substantial, consistent income - in a way that is joyful and fulfilling to me. Thank you for reminding me it is achievable.

Mark

 
At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your affirmation, Amy! ("The less I work, the more I make.") I've been using derivations of "the more I goof off, the better things get/the more my practice thrives/the more money rolls in" for a couple years now, and it is by far one of my favorites!

When I share it with clients, many burst out laughing at the ridiculousness of it. But once you start playing with this one, it grows on you. After all, life was meant to be fun!

Thanks for spreading the word that it can be EXACTLY what we choose, whatever that choice is! woo hoo!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home