Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Random Example of Fluent Writing Found Me Today

OK today I was sitting with my family at my Unity Church, and the most extraordinary thing happened.

The woman in front of me (whom I haven't met before) turns around and hands me a bright green note. I open it and begin reading, and can you guess what it was?

A poem about my darling baby, Sydney! (Sally was downstairs with the other kids, and I usually put Sydney down there too, but she is teething right now and wanted extra lovin' from Mama today)

Just read what Lisa wrote:

A child made manifest from a holy dream,
Each child a dream guided in holy spirit a moment received through divine lowly listening.

To walk the holy path,
A waking dream,
A child manifested.

A child not yet able to speak,
Listens, looks, responds,
Smiles, laughs, and radiates divine light.

She is able to hum and sing with glee,
A divine vessel of holy spirit.

Sweet angel goddess.
Love manifested.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I leaned in to the woman, and asked a question to which I already knew the answer. "Did you just write this now?" She had turned and looked at Sydney no more than 5 minutes before she handed me the note.

She nodded yes.

My goodness, I thought. She's a fluent writer.

I talked to her after the service (and guess who else happened to be there? My Fluent Writing teleclass co-creator Ann Strong) and I introduced her to Ann.

Turns out, she has been writing lyrics with ease her whole life, and is now gathering a band who will write and perform songs to her lyrics.

I was mystified. So was she, actually -- she admitted to me that she writes lyrics all the time, but has never before been moved to GIVE someone a poem she had just written for them.

Well, it was pretty clear to me that I was attracting signs of fluent writers -- just the Universe's little way of letting me know I'm on track and headed in the right direction.

I love those little love notes, don't you?

What's so interesting is that Sydney's conception was planned out -- right down to the date. Her birth was planned as well -- after having a c-section with Sally I was not about to attempt a VBAC.

And her nickname is "Angel Baby"

And I could point out at least 3 other references in the poem that are strikingly familiar -- and far too intimate for a stranger to notice at first glance.

Each and every day, I am reminded that our surroundings -- OUR ENTIRE SURROUNDINGS -- are wanting to support us. And to be acknowledged for the support they provide.

QoD:
What can YOU include your gratitude list today? Why not think of something you've never been thankful for until now.

Go for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home