Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Where the Heck Have YOU Been?

This morning I checked email after Andy headed out to take Sally to school. Just another day, right?

But then I read an email that stopped me in my tracks.

Sometimes the simplest questions are the most profound.

One of my readers responded to my latest message (the one about all the cool stuff that's coming soon on my websites) with this simple question:

Where have you been the past two months????

Hmmmm. I have to be completely honest -- that question stopped me in my tracks.

The first thought came from memory. "Yeah, that's a good question. People keep asking me what I've been up to lately, and I draw a total blank. What's up with that?"

Next thought was from the ego. "Well come on, I just finished my Vibration Overhaul course with Jeannette Maw, AND while that was going on, I also did a 3-week Master Cleanse AND the Cleansing for Success course for a month, AND I went to that conference in Cancun..."

But even in my own mind, that sounded weak.

So I looked again. Where the heck HAVE I been?

And this time, the answer was brutally honest and painfully clear. It came from my spirit, which never pulls any punches.

I've had my head firmly planted up my own ass.

Nope, doesn't sound any prettier here than it did in my own mind. But it's true.

I think everyone is susceptible to "hazy days" and "stagnant phases," don't you? I don't know, maybe I'm just looking for validation.

I suppose the most ironic part of the whole thing is that the whole time, I've been walking around in a self-induced cloud, wondering why I can't seem to get clear.

Duh.

I think this must be how a child psychologist feels the first time their own kid yells "I HATE YOU!" and locks herself in her room, slamming the door so hard the whole house shakes.

Like I said in my recent email, there are a lot of changes coming down the pike. This blog is being moved to a faster, more powerful system, and the look is going to be a whole lot yummier. NewSuccess.org is also getting a fresh look, but the most exciting part is that I'm *finally* taking the time and effort (actually, that's crap. It's no time or effort -- it's just a matter of clearing the resistance that's held me back from taking action) to BRAND myself.

I've known for awhile that branding was the only way to reach the kind of audience I'm looking to reach.

BUT...to me, branding myself meant labeling myself. Putting myself into a neat little package. Committing that THIS is the way I want to be seen, FOREVER!

That is sooooo not in line with the way I function. Therefore, I had a TON of resistance around it.

But the resistance is what was keeping my head up my ass. If you'll pardon the expression. I think the kingpin belief that was underlying it all is that I'll have to change who I am to be massively successful.

Well, yikes. That doesn't sound very appealing at all, does it?

So I caved to the resistance and retreated to cower in the corner. OK, maybe that's a bit dramatic. But I was looking for a different way to say I had my head up my ass.

Recognizing the resistance was the first step to cleaner air and a prettier view.
Addressing the source of the resistance was next.
The natural next step was taking action, and that's where I am now.

So I am delighted to tell you that my head is now free and clear. And it smells a LOT better out here!

Thanks to a brief conversation with Ann Strong, I now understand that I can brand a site, or a product line, separately from ME, and when it comes to ME and what I represent, there's no need to commit to a permanent catchphrase, a funky logo, or anything like that -- I can just be what I LOVE being --- authentic, genuine, 100% ME (whatever that happens to look like today).

QoD:
And what about YOU? Where the heck have YOU been? Are you out there, moving and shaking and making it happen? Or is your head in a less desirable space?

The good news is you can join the rest of us movers and shakers any time you like.

What are you resisting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home