Friday, November 09, 2007

Celebrating My Birthday!

Today's my birthday and a friend and colleague of mine recently asked me if I was planning a "birthday sale" for my subscribers.

Nah, I thought. That sounds pretty cheesy.

But it also seemed appropriate to do SOMETHING for my birthday, so I decided to share a blessing.

In much of my writing, I use a technique that I like to call "Fluent Writing." It's most definitely the easiest thing on the planet -- which is great news for most people who freeze up any time they sit in front of the keyboard with the intention "to write."

Fluent writing is all about allowing words to flow through you. At times, I often feel more like a transcriptionist rather than a writer, as I am clear that what I'm writing is not from Amy the person, but from Amy's Highest Self.

I apologize if this all sounds a bit cryptic -- it's not necessarily something I can explain in a quick blog post, and I'll actually be hosting a teleclass on this subject -- how to get out of your own way and let your book write itself. (Stay tuned for info about a free preview call on this very topic, coming later this month).

At any rate, this came to me this morning and I would like to share it with you as my birthday gift to you. Enjoy!!

Celebrate the Birth of Each Day

Each morning, when your eyes open to receive the first light of the day,

Smile and think of me.

As you rise from your bed and begin to stretch and move,

Smile and remember to give thanks for the gift of mobility.

As you prepare and enjoy your morning nourishment,

Smile and be grateful for the freedom to choose what you'll
eat and drink.

As you begin your day, with or without to-do lists intact,

Smile and remember to make time for fun and games.

As you move through your day,

Smile and remember that you are never alone.

Smile, smile, smile,

Not only to uplift your own spirit,

But to bless and transform everyone around you.

As you move through life, remember to watch for the many signs -- small and large -- that continue to show you how very much you are loved and cherished.

You are never alone.

1 Comments:

At 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home