Monday, October 24, 2005

More Ice Cream for Success?

I don't know about you, but I politely ask all my friends not to send me forwards. I've been online a loooooooooooooooong time, so chances are, I've already seen whatever you want to send me.

(It's funny, most people just delete emails or roll their eyes. Why not just politely reply with "Thanks, but I'd prefer not to get forwards. Personal emails, however, are always appreciated!" It goes back to the principle that successful people being able to ask for what they want -- and expect to get it. Check out this post for more proof.)

Teh result is that the only forwards I get (generally speaking) are either super-fabulous or super-hysterical. (Speaking of super....well, more on that later. Let's just say something Super is coming soon.)

This is one of those super ones that I felt was worth passing on.

But BEFORE you read it, check out this question of the day:

Based on the limited info you are given (trust me, it's enough), which of the characters in the following story do YOU believe is or will be a success?

***DISCLAIMER: Please note, though it's written in teh first person, I didn't write it and it didn't happen to me*** Now, on to the good stuff:

Last week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son
asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good, God is great. Thank
you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us
ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!"

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby I heard a
woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today
don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice-cream! Why, I
never!"

Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it
wrong? Is God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he ha d done a terrific job and
God was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached
the table.

He winked at my son and said, "I happen to know that God thought
that was a great prayer. "Really?" my son asked. "Cross my heart,"
the man replied.

Then in a theatrical whisper he added (indicating the woman whose
remark had started this whole thing), " Too bad she never asks God
for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son
stared at his for a moment and then did something I will remember
the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and without a word, walked over and
placed it in front of the woman With a big smile he told her, "Here,
this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my
soul is good already."

The End.

(So, who did you choose that is/would be successful? My vote is for the child, the parent adn the old man. The woman has the potential to be a success--we all do--but she's too caught up in negativity adn judgment to see or do any good. But don't go wishing she chokes on her ice cream--then you're just as bad as she is !!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home