Saturday, October 22, 2005

Refrigerator Graveyard?

Do you recall awhile back I was telling you about the horror of horrors of attempting to clean my refrigerator out post-Hurricane Katrina? EVERYONE in New Orleans can relate to this...with the power being off for at least 10days in parts of the city, the smell of spoiled fridge contents permeated the city for weeks while awaiting the resumption of trash pickup. Ugh.

Anyway, if you're wondering where all those nasty, ruined (and replacements not covered by insurance, I might add!) refrigerators went, you simply must check this link.

I personally found it quite interesting.

Notice the HazMat suits in picture #7. That was kinda cool. Wimps. I didn't even use a mask when I did mine. I'll bet the photographer puked right after he shot picture #5 (unless he has one of those super-telescopic lenses like they use at sporting events.) I get the heebie-jeebies just looking at that one.

But read the text too, it explains a lot. Maybe if you look really closely you can see my old fridge. Gosh, I miss her. She was good to us. I miss the reimbursement for a new one, too, damn insurance fine print!!!

However, when looking at these photos I do have one thought:

this is one of those times I'm actually glad we DON'T have Smellivision. Yuck.

My question of the day is:

Do you take your clean, sweet-smelling refrigerator for granted? If so, go give it a big hug right now and tell it how much you love it!

P.S. that long, ugly direct link is:
http://www.nola.com/katrinaphotos/tp/gallery.ssf?cgi-bin/view_gallery.cgi/nola/view_gallery.ata?g_id=4313

and a shorter, prettier link to it is:
http://tinyurl.com/9omjn

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

spam deleted x2

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home