Saturday, August 04, 2007

Master Cleanse, Day 13

Well, I've decided to go 16 days on the Master Cleanse. Some are more tortuous than others, but today is definitely a detox day. Cranky, irritable, hungry, and bored. I am quite tired of drinking the lemonade mixture (and switching back and forth between lemons and limes no longer suffices for me). Oh, and did I mention I miss food like it's a long lost friend?

Every day, my 3 1/2 year old asks me if I'm eating today. When I respond, "Nope, not today," she says, "Mommy, are you doing your detox today?"

*sigh*

I'm sure all this begs the obvious question: Why continue?

Well, let's look at the upside of this Master Cleanse thing.

1. I've dropped 15 lbs so far, and counting.

2. My skin looks fabulous. No kidding, my eczema is gone and my wrinkles are getting smaller (my friend Suzanne swears that every 72 hours of cleansing reverses a full year of aging. So far, I've taken 4 years off -- even Andy says he can see it. When I'm done, I should theoretically look 5 years younger. Hmmm, that makes it worthwhile to do it once a year, in my book)

3. Apart from cravings, hunger, and my excessive whining on detox days, I really do feel great.

4. I am gaining a new appreciation for food. Today we went to teh local Farmers' Market, and I found myself completely disiniterested in the gourmet breads and pastas, and much more intrigued by the fresh herbs, the gorgeous fresh produce, and the raw honey guy. I got a couple of books about raw food un-cooking, and I'm looking forward to trying some new stuff. I even ordered a dehydrator today.

5. My life is flowing in a way I have never experienced.
I was talking to my coach about it and it's pretty clear that it's all some function of this cleanse.

So that's why I'm going to keep going. But believe me, I'm still counting the days until "real" food again.

I'm also thinking of choosing a new indulgence...somehow M&Ms are losing their appeal (although thank you Richard, who sent me a bag just today).

But this is a good thing -- after all, my intention in doing the cleanse was to move toward a healthier body and to break my sugar addiction. So there you go.

QoD:
Are you treating your body the way it deserves to be treated? I lived in denial for years, and it's only now that I'm starting to see the abuse it's taken. Why not do something nice for your body today? Even if it just means getting a massage or having a fresh piece of fruit.

Go for it!

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog . I really liked it. I have also created a lens in same niche. This is my first time , hope u guys like it. Here’s a brief intro: Your thoughts and feelings really do create your reality. It may seem absurd to some of you, but the easiest way to health and wealth is by constantly monitoring your feelings. If you start feeling any negative emotions, you must find ways to improve those even slightly. With time, it becomes easier and easier. This lens is here to provide some basic information on the law of attraction to help you get started on your own path to success.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home