Thursday, August 16, 2007

All Talk, No Action

Yesterday, I was meeting with my mastermind group and I made a confession.

It absolutely infuriates me to no end when people complain about their current situation, but they refuse to DO anything about it.

This has me asking...

WHY?!?

So I started where everyone deserves to look -- within myself.

Why do I procrastinate over something I say I really want?

It could be any of these reasons:

1 - I don't think I deserve it
2 - I don't know how to get started
3 - It seems too daunting of a task
4 - I don't know if it will really work
5 - I am afraid of failing
6 - I am afraid of succeeding
7 - I don't really want what I say I want
8 - I have some hidden limiting belief that's holding me back, but I can't see it (blind spot)

There may be other reasons, but everything I came up with fit into one of those basic categories.

If these are the reasons I might procrastinate, it stands to reason that others might use the same excuses not to move forward.

So what's the solution? What is it that successful people do, that sets them apart from the chronic victim?

IT's not like successful people don't have the same 8 issues I mentioned above. Successful people (even ultra-successful people) still have fears, deservability issues, confusion and hidden beliefs that hold them back from achieving new levels of success.

The difference is that successful people take action anyway.

You could literally sit there and run through the list above, experiencing all 8 reasons to hold back.

But if you stuck your neck out and took action ANYWAY, you would almost certainly succeed.

If you don't believe me, why don't you just try it?

Hey, I'm all for releasing limiting beliefs. But I also know that I don't NEED to release anything in order to take action.

I don't have to get caught up in "analysis paralysis" and neither do you. When the monkey chatter starts going, I can just say "OK, I hear you. But I'm going for it anyway." and then I can take action.

Action does it.

QoD:
Where in your life are you "all talk, no action"? Which of the above 8 messages seems to play the loudest in your mind? What action could you take TODAY to move yourself forward, in spite of the messages that attempt to hold you back.

Oh heck, just GO FOR IT!

(you'll be glad you did)

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our circumstances don't define us. Our circumstances reveal us.

This certainly applies to procastination since what we get instead of what we may have been prompted to do is most likely less than what would have been if had taken the "Inspired Action".

Lynn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home