Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little Details Pack a Powerful Punch - Celebrate!

I think it's time for a simple reminder.

It's high time to pack some huge appreciation into some teeny, tiny observations.

Sometimes the smallest details of life are the ones that seem to captivate us most.

Today I am abundantly grateful...when my daughter greeted me this morning, she said:

"You're the sweetest mommy in the whole world. I just want to put you in my smoothie!"

My sleepy head cleared almost immediately, and my heart melted instantly.

A little while later, I was playing racquetball with my husband Andy.

In the car on the way to the gym, he could tell I wasn't feeling my usual chipper self and he asked me what was up.

I told him my body just felt a little "off" today.

When we got on the court, I missed his first 3 serves completely. He asked again if I was ok.

When I stopped to check in, I realized I was dreading a particular piece of work I had to do today, related to web editing for one of my sites.

He admitted that he had some data entry work to do, too detailed to delegate to an assistant, but too mundane to do anything but bore him to pieces.

Then his brilliant idea was to switch.

Hooray! My heart soared instantly, and the funk I was under disappeared.

(Truth be told, I kind of like a speck of occasional data entry. I'm fast at it, it's easy, and my left-brain gets to 'check out' for a bit. I'm not by any means thinking of changing careers, mind you, but in actuality, this kind of work soothes me.)

And he is a whiz at web stuff, and doesn't dread it nearly as much as I do.

Talk about your win-wins!

So I'm appreciating these simple little details that could be overlooked if I wasn't so committed to finding reasons to celebrate.

How about you? What are YOU celebrating today?

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am celebrating life. That's about the only positie thing that I have going for me right at this moment. Pleasures do come and they can be small. So life, I am proud that I have it. Hearing the birds chirp, dogs bark, childrens laughter, I celebrate all of the above.

www.financialsuccessismine.blogspot.com

 
At 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodness -- you've got more than LIFE to celebrate! you've got a computer -- more than we can say for folks living in 3rd world countries. You've got access to a wealth of free information via internet, and you've even got a blog for Pete's sake! Pleasures do NOT have to be small -- dare to look for the many blessings you have. I'll bet you've got food in your pantry, a bunch of clothes in your closet, and a telephone to reach out for love and support at a moment's notice. And probably a method of transportation. Yes, my friend -- you are blessed indeed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home