Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Vote for Truth? How Can You Tell?

You may have heard me say at some point that I believe I am "a-political."

In other words, I rarely get involved in political matters (except to vote) and I almost NEVER engage in political discussions. And since I watch very little TV and no news, I'm somewhat sheltered from all the political blah-blah and nasty mud-slinging going on right now.

Some might tell me ignorance is bliss, and I would certainly agree. Besides, it's not like the MEDIA of all places is giving me true and unbiased information!!

Yes, I do have opinions and (unlike many folks) I prefer to keep my political opinions to myself.

Why?

Because what I personally believe matters to me...and what you believe matters to you...and in matters of politics, it is virtually impossible for me to change your mind, or for you to change mine, and besides -- there are much more interesting things to talk about when we are involved in the world of transformation! The whole world of politics just feels far too positional for me, and there's so much double-talk, it's no wonder so little actually gets accomplished.

And yet, one thing we can probably agree on (no matter what our political viewpoint) is that it is very, very, very rare for a politician to actually be able (and willing) to deliver on whatever he or she promises during a campaign.

When that does in fact happen, it is truly newsworthy. (Not that something so mundane as being in Integrity and Keeping Your Word would ever make it into traditional news.)

But when deciding who to vote for in this upcoming campaign, how can you know who is ultimately the best choice?

We already know that we can't solely rely on what's said during debates or campaign commercials or speeches.

So how do we know?

I personally make this decision the same way I make any decision. I use my tried-and-true Truth Testing method.

For me, it's a pendulum. For you, it might be a gut instinct, a self-muscle-test, or by using your body as a compass. (Visit YouTube to watch my mini-series on How to Use a Pendulum).

But what question shall we ask?

Well, what do you really want to know?

Do you want to know which candidate is telling the truth?
Which will best serve the country?
Which will raise taxes?
Which will actually survive his term of office?

Those are all predictions, and their outcomes are as of yet undetermined. Remember, the Universe is always in flux, so when we make predictions, what's true in this moment may NOT be true in the next moment. So prediction questions are typically not valid questions.

Perhaps you'd like to know who would be the most optimal U.S. President.

But I don't necessarily think that's the most optimal question either. Why, you ask? Because it's neither Democrat or Republican...perhaps it's the guy from the "Boston Tea" party (yes, that cracked me up when I saw it listed on the mail-in ballot. Didn't you snicker at least a little?)

But in an election as close as this one, voting for someone who surely can't win is kind of like throwing away your vote. So just because they're the most optimal president, doesn't mean it's optimal for you to vote for them.

Aaaaaaaaahhhh. Now the answer becomes clear.

The question to ask is:

All things considered, who is the most optimal candidate for me to vote for?

And there you go.

How well do you think I'll sleep the night before Election Day, knowing my entire vote has been divinely inspired? Now I don't have to sweat the details over each referendum, district judge, court of appeals ruling, etc etc etc.

See? Life really is supposed to be easy.

See you at the polls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home