Saturday, November 22, 2008

Now THIS Is How Movies Were Meant To Be Enjoyed!

I love my friend Tamlyn. She always passes along little tidbits of information that arrive with Divine Timing. And right now I'm not talking about words of wisdom (although I receive many of those from her as well!) -- I'm talking about cool things to explore right near my own home.

Tamlyn was the one who told me there was a very cool walking labyrinth tucked away just 7 miles from my house -- of which I was totally unaware, and have enjoyed visiting several times since learning of it.

She's also the one who told me about the new Landmark Theatre in Greenwood Village.



This is about 25 minutes from my house, yet we've driven past it countless times. But yesterday Tam mentioned to me how very cool it was, and her timing could NOT have been better -- our kids were scheduled for a "parents' night out" at MyGym, and although that had already been arranged, my husband and I had no plans as of that morning-- and I talked to Tam at 8AM, which is when she delivered the tidbit of info about this new theater.

So what's so great about a movie theater? You might be asking. It's true, seems like they're constantly throwing up new theaters every time you turn around. Because the movies don't seem to be hurting the way other industries might be right now.

But THIS theater is special -- truly the way movies were meant to be enjoyed.

We purchased our tickets online (the only film showing at the time that worked for our schedule was "The Duchess" and while I had low expectations, I absolutely LOVED it. I laughed, I cried, and the biggest compliment to the film is that Andy actually stayed awake and alert throughout the entire film. Can't recall the last period piece I could say that about!) Prepurchasing tickets which was pretty normal for us, but when we arrived at the theater (gorgeous, by the way, and plenty of very close parking available in a garage which was great because it was REALLY cold last night)...

... we asked for the VIP treatment.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

It was only a few bucks more, and after being adorned with a VIP pass on a lanyard that kind of reminded me of a back stage pass for a concert, here's what we got:

+ special reserved seating in the front 2 rows (not the neck-cramp section -- the front of the main part of the theater)

+ had there been a line (we were there pretty early, because of the timing of the Parents' Nite Out event where we dropped off the kids) we would have skipped the line entirely with our VIP status

+ oversized leather chairs, paired in twos for cuddle-ability, and they REALLY recline (not that pseudo-recline most theater chairs have, where you've got to throw all your weight back just to budge an inch)

+ personal wait staff service -- yeah, you heard me right -- they bring popcorn and sodas directly to your seat -- and these were included in the purchase price of our tickets (with unlimited refills of both)...and without having to walk a half-mile to wait in line to get a refill

+ expanded menu -- our server brought us a menu that included gourmet snacks (I have no idea what I actually ate because it came while the theater was dark, but it tasted like pistachios, pepitas, golden raisins and some other stuff in a crispy honey-wasabi coating), sandwiches, desserts, pizza, etc. YUM! Andy ordered empanadas and cheesecake and since I'm off wheat at the moment, I ordered a bratwurst without the bun. Andy also ordered some kind of imported chocolate that was very decadent.

+ a wine list. Hell yeah!!! Why not have a beer or a glass of wine while you enjoy the movie? and brought right to your seat, no less! And the folks next to us ordered a bottle and 2 glasses. Hmmmm, that's a thought for next time.

By the time the movie started, I was already feeling so pampered and relaxed, the movie could have totally sucked and I still wouldn't have cared. Hey, as far back as the seats reclined, I could have slept well if I didn't like the flick.

But I DID love the film, and this only enhanced the experience.

Can you guess where my new movie theater is? Oh yeah, I'm totally hooked on this one.

And there were plenty of seats remaining in the VIP section -- which begs the question:

Why would anyone, ANYONE -- NOT get the VIP experience?


I just don't get it. But perhaps a more probing question is this:

Do YOU ever pass on requesting a VIP experience? If so, why? These are questions worth exploring, and if I can assist you in permanently clearing whatever blocks may arise, please do give me a shout at http://AskAmyAnything.com

Till then -- I'll seeya at the movies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home