Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Where are YOU putting your....

I had an epiphany as I was riding the ski lift today at Loveland, Colorado. (What a great name, right? Love + Land. So cool. But that's not the part that struck me today.)

I was riding the lift to make a couple of runs while my husband Andy was on a break, and I was enjoying the serenity of the trees, sky and snow when I suddenly noticed something about the lift.

Truly, my seat was barely hanging on.

As I looked down the 20 feet or so below me to the ground, I realized I had put a tremendous amount of my faith in something without any consideration, research, or forethought.

This giant metal chair I was sitting on, riding across the sky, was connected to a steel cable by nothing more than a small metal piece sitting on top of the cable.

And the metal piece that connected it all, which I was trusting to hold me up and keep me safe -- doesn't even go all the way around the steel cable. It's kind of gripping from the top.



Holy cow. This got me thinking.

Sure, there's plenty of evidence that it might be safe, right? I have ridden it many
times before, without incident. I have never heard of a lift chair simply falling out of the sky at Loveland, but then again, I don't read the paper or watch the news, so would I really know if that had happened? Other people weren't worried -- they were riding the lift, laughing and having a great time, blissfully unaware that they had put so much faith into a small piece of steel, a bunch of pulleys, and some kind of engine to keep it all turning (not to mention, a handful of late teens running the whole mechanical show).

What else had I put my faith into so readily, so willingly, so blindly?

A tank of air came to mind. Many tanks of air, actually. How many times in my life have I been scuba diving? Around 300. Can you get the magnitude of this?

300 TIMES in my life, I have willingly strapped on a bunch of equipment and descended to 100+ feet below the surface of the water with nothing keeping me alive but the tank of air and the apparatus to breathe from it.

And that's just one activity...truth be told, we are putting tremendous trust into things every single day...if you work at a job, you trust that your boss will have enough $$ in the business account to pay you when it's time.

When you eat in a restaurant, you trust that the kitchen staff washed the food, prepared things properly, and didn't use any bad meat or other ingredients.

Did you drive a car this week? Use public transportation? How much trust did you instill in those modes of transport to keep you safe and get you from A to B?

But why then, is it so hard to simply trust in the Universe to provide for us? Trust that yes, there is a plan, and yes, your best interests are the primary concern.

If you so readily and easily trusted in the Universe to support you, give you what you need, and keep you safe, don't you think you'd truly be able to "set and forget" your intentions?

Now what would THAT look like?

Mmmmmm-mmmm delicious.

My husband was marveling at my manifestation abilities once again today. We were filling up the car en route to the mountains, and I said, "Wouldn't it be great to pay $1.80 per gallon for gas today?"

Last time we filled up (a few days ago) it was closer to $1.87.

Can you guess what the price was at our usual gas station? Yup, $1.80.

Then later, on the way home, I was thinking about how gas has gone down every time I've filled up over the past several weeks. And I was thinking, "Wouldn't it be great if the next time we filled up, we paid just $1.75?"

And as we exited the interstate to head home, we passed our usual filling station
and Andy turned in. "We're half-empty now after the drive. Might as well top 'er off."

And sure enough, in the SAME DAY, gas had dropped a nickel, to $1.75 per gallon.

But see, when I play this game, there is no sense of need, no sense of doubt. I could afford to pay $3.00 or more per gallon for gas. But I love to pay less and less and less. So I treat it like a game. And I expect to win.

And so I win.

I remember years ago, the first time I went skiing. I was so excited the night before, I could barely sleep. And a seasoned skiier friend, trying to be helpful told me, "Skiing is 90% confidence and 10% skill."

and I remember thinking, "Oh, crap. How can I have any confidence if I don't have any skill?"

but that was before I understood the Universal laws, like Be-Do-Have. Man, did I do things the hard way back then! But it's oh-so-different now that I can trust, and trust, and trust. Faith is a beautiful thing.

This is why I'm a master manifestor. I trust the Universe to provide for me. I trust that my best interests are always considered and prioritized. And this makes it so much easier to maneuver through life.

Just like riding a ski lift. Up up and away, without a worry or a doubt that I'll be
taken just where I want to go, safe and sound.



Why not adopt this perspective the next time you place a request with the Universe? Then you can sit back and enjoy the ride...and the scenery.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely put Amy,

Perfect illustration to make your point. For years I was a competitive hang glider pilot trusting that little steal carabineer to keep me attached to my wings at 10 to 15 thousand feet elevation. I loved it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Want to show your support for the info included in this blog? Make a contribution of any amount by clicking here.

<< Home